background

Sunday, January 3, 2016

Challenge Day 2 and 3

Last night I started working on Elizabeth Easdon - 1827, a sampler kit from The Essamplaire.  I bought it because I like all of the different animals on the front lawn in front of the house.  The alphabets at the top and the general layout of the sampler are similar to the ones on my ancestor, Cyntha May's sampler.   I haven't stitched on 40 count linen in a while so it took a little bit of time to get used to it, but once I did I made quite a bit of progress, finishing the vine in the upper border all the way across the top.



This morning, I started work on Mockingbird by La-D-Da.  My chart was designed for Hand Dyed Fibers which are no longer available.  The chart is still available, charted for Needlepoint Silk with a DMC conversion.  I have the Hand Dyed Fibers so I am using them.   The colors are beautiful and the soft silk is easy to stitch with.  I am not sure why I let this cute project sit in my stash for so long.  It would make a lovely gift for a child and it would be easy to add a child's name and birth date either under the bird's tail or across the bottom under the lower border.



No comments:

Post a Comment